Owning a beautiful Mally leather bag is one of life’s rare pleasures – these classic pieces are always in fashion and complete any stylish look without missing a beat. However, with great enjoyment comes great responsibility. Here are the ten golden rules for taking care of your Mally leather bag to ensure its longevity:
10 GOLDEN RULES FOR TAKING CARE OF YOUR LEATHER BAG
- Use a good leather care product that cleans, revitalises, and restores the natural colour and softness of the leather. Bonus points it removes and prevents the growth of natural mould! Use a soft cloth and gentle circular motion to apply the care product.
- Keep your bag away from water and moisture in general. Ideally, don't take it out on rainy or snowy days.
- If your bag should get wet, allow it to airdry - don't use a heater or hairdryer. Once it's dry, apply a leather conditioner immediately.
- Keep your hands clean when you handle your bag - natural skin oils leave stained spots, attract dirt, and can darken the leather over time.
- Store your makeup in a separate pouch within the bag. The same goes for pens and writing implements that could leak.
- Don't overload your bag - if you do so routinely it can alter the shape of thereof.
- Keep hair grooming products (e.g. gel, hairspray) away from the bag and remember to stow it away safely when you go to the hair salon to safeguard it from dyes and styling solutions.
- Consider investing in a protective spray that will keep your bag safe and sound while you’re out and about.
- If you want to store your leather bag for a while, be sure to check that it is completely dry before doing so. Then stuff the bag with tissue paper or bubble wrap to help retain its shape and remember to wrap the buckles and chains so it doesn't scratch the leather during storage.
- To prevent colour transfer, avoid resting your leather bag against dyed garments, e.g. brand-new indigo denim that can give off-colour in the course of wearing.
Following these guidelines will help you to keep your Mally leather bag in top condition for many years to come. Check in on the blog in coming weeks and months for more expert insight into all things leather. In the meantime, remember to keep an eye on our Facebook page and Instagram profile for style inspiration, info on special offers and more.