Congratulations on the latest precious addition to your family. Life as you know it has officially changed. There is no more merely grabbing your keys and purse and running out the door, there is a lot more to think about now. When sitting and considering all the planning and prep that goes into leaving your home with your little one in tow, it could seem like a very daunting undertaking. However, keeping organized and somewhat prepared will definitely help relieve some of that anxiety and give you that much-needed confidence to leave the confines of your comfort zone.
Keeping a recurrent pre-packed bag with most of the basic essentials on-hand and on standby at all times is one of your best advantages. It will ease that rush panic packing stress when you need to take that drive out and have you feeling calmer and more relaxed, which in turn will ensure a happier and more contented baby.
Here are a few items on the checklist to keep packed and ready in your bag.
- Diapers. At least one for every hour you plan to be out, but it’s always good to add a few extra, just to be safe.
- Wipes. A good re-sealable pack of wipes is important as this is your vital go-to multi-user handy essential for any crisis on the road.
- Baby cream/ointment. Just because you are out doesn’t mean you have to skimp on your usual changing routine but maybe try just a travel size or smaller tube for your bag.
- Changing Pad. This may not seem essential, but you just never know where you might be at when a change is needed and having a versatile pad will go a long way to help ensure a sterilized environment for the task.
- Small empty bags. These are used to pack and seal those soiled diapers or clothing hygienically either in your bag or to be tossed away at a convenient spot.
- Always good to have an extra one packed away, things happen and having a sanitized one on standby could just be your saving grace.
- Burp cloths. As you know these are always handy to have around so pack in a few, you can’t go wrong here.
- Change of clothes. One or two sets should be adequate. Spit-up or spew do occur and you don’t want your little one feeling irritable in wet and messy clothing.
- Light blanket. With the weather so unpredictable lately it’s a good idea to have an extra one on hand for unexpected drafts or chilly locations and situations.
- Other extras. To make your life a little easier, maybe pack in a rattle or toy for a bit of distraction, some hand sanitizer as you never know what you might touch before you feed or change your baby. Maybe include a hat and sunscreen if you plan to be outdoors.
- Baby food. This should be your only last-minute task before you leave the house. Make up a ready-made bottle or two of measured sterilized water and pack in containers with pre-portioned formula for quick bottle feeds when needed. Keeping a hungry baby waiting is not something you want to experience while you are out.
The best diaper bag is the one that can conveniently hold all the gear you need in an organized way while you on the go out there. And even better, if it’s lightweight and trendy, what more encouragement would you need to venture out.
Our Mally baby bags are specifically designed and manufactured with all this in mind. They are water-resistant and the many compartments make for quick, easy access to all your essentials. Check out our range of hand-crafted choices as either one, we know, will turn out to be your best friend.
In the meantime, remember to keep an eye on our Facebook page and Instagram profile for style inspiration and info on special offers and more.